Summerland Summerland

this actually isn't bad, but that clap at the drop is way to abrupt and loud. side chain it a bit and make it last longer and make it quieter. The melody isn't bad, but it's too repetitive. Also try changing up the chords a bit. It's actually pretty good overall mate.

3.5/5 :)

FirePowerX responds:

Thanks mate! will try my best keeping those in mind!

Melodic Eargasm Melodic Eargasm

its nice but please stop using view bots.

SpeTheof responds:

thanks for the review

Beryllium [Revised] Beryllium [Revised]

Nice chords!
I like this arp. Almost sounds like tobu.
The little clappy thing seems a bit out of place
Try to side chain your kick with everything else, its getting drowned out in the mix and it's clashing with the bass.
Theres so many things going on I can't tell which melody I'm supposed to be listening to.
I like the slow down in the drums :)
You seem to only be using one high hat for the entirety of the song. Try using other hi hats and rides to crisp up the percussion a bit.
I like the little riser you use :)
You might not want to have a rise and then not have a drop... usually songs will have a second drop if there is another buildup. It's just a bit disappointing to the ear, ya know?? xD

OVERALL: 3/5. You seem to be getting better mate :)

<3,

SirHadoken responds:

Thank you!
Yeah, the clap thing was a bad idea from the start xD
On the original song, you told me to add reverb to the snare, but that actually wasn't a snare, it was just a really weird clap. So when I added reverb to it, no matter what I tried, it sounded like.. THAT. I suppose I could've always switched it out for a snare, but I felt like it could possibly compromise the song entirely if not done right.
That was supposed to be a drop, I'm just.. not good at drops, at all. xD
I haven't tried making differentiations on the hi-hats, but it's definitely something I could take into consideration. I realize it could get repetitive after the first eight seconds, like all of my songs do.
Side chaining is something I literally "learned" how to do yesterday, and I still don't really understand what to do and what it does, but I'll attempt it.
I should incorporate a second drop to commemorate that second riser.I might extend it and do that when I update the file.

Thank you for all of the detailed reviews you've given, I'm fortunate to have someone notify me as to where I need to start focusing on. If I'm going to try to fix myself, I'd better do it right, and this advice is the best way for me to start with that.

Xtrullor - Event Horizon (Wontolla remix) Xtrullor - Event Horizon (Wontolla remix)

Wow... this is stellar!!! :OOO

Theory of Everything IV {Fan Made} Theory of Everything IV {Fan Made}

Cool piano I guess?
I hear a ton of clipping on this drum rise...
This drop isn't bad, the sounds need a low cut on the stereo
This supersaw could be detuned a bit less.
Maybe change the bass... you're using the same exact wobble throughout the entirety of the drop and it can get a bit annoying.
Add some more stuff to this riser other than just a kick drum, like a white noise riser and a pitch riser
This is very repetitive... xD

Overall 3/5. Theres quite a bit you could fix :) sorry if this seems harsh.

~Z

Xtrullor - Ichor (Chael Remix) Xtrullor - Ichor (Chael Remix)

I like this violin :)
This melody does sound good in triplets!!
Wow... this semi-drop is mixed very nicely.
I like the little plucky violin!!
The piano seems a bit loud, maybe add a bit more reverb and some white noise to this rise
These dubstep sounds are a bit bland, they don't seem to be loud enough or strong enough.
I do like the little melodic breaks though :)
This has really good mixing/mastering, good job on that part.

Overall, 4/5. I think its pretty good, other than a few sound design issues, which is probably just subjective to my taste in dubstep xD

Great job mate. It's good to hear you trying different things!!

ChaelMusic responds:

This was quite an experiment, so I am glad to hear feedback like this. I think I am going to have another massive sound design session at some point so I can do more experimenting.

Thanks, man!

Nightfall Nightfall

This is amazing. holy shit.

Zophar - 4M Kitties Zophar - 4M Kitties

It's okay, some of the synths are a bit weird and after a while it gets a bit boring with the same beat over and over again.
1 more thing: don't put the geometry dash demon face as the thumbnail if the song has nothing to do with geometry dash. We all know it's basically click bait on newgrounds.

LunacyOfficial responds:

If there were better instruments in Logic Pro X then this would sound better!

Like An Animal Like An Animal

I like the vocals, I know they're from a sample pack, so I'e heard them before.
I like how you changed them to fit to the key of your liking, nice effects on them too!
I like the melody, good job with the percussion too. Very atmospheric.
Has a nice progression!!
Good drop, it wasn't expected, but at the same time it fits all too well.
The mixing and mastering is splendid. Great job.

My only complaint is that the song is way too short, if you had added in a third drop with some variations that would be nice.

Overall, 4.5/5

Cheers mate,

ZelLink - Program factory ZelLink - Program factory

It's not bad, but it's just a little too repetitive, If you were intending on this being some sort of background song for a youtube video then I guess that would make sense then. Your mixing is pretty good, considering there aren't many instruments.

3.5/5